Pages

Sunday 14 July 2013

First week of training

Well, it should be first 2 weeks of training but the week of the 1st July turned out to be a bad one training-wise! I had an extremely busy week at work and a conference that I was presenting at and lots of things to finish off before I had a week off. I ended up quite run down and had migraines all week so decided against any exercise and even skipped running club. I knew in the long run it would be for the best so that I could enjoy my week off work.

I rested all day on the Saturday and felt great by the evening. Training is as follows:

Sunday - 5k run
Monday - 45 minutes at the gym (30 minutes cardio, 15 minutes weights)
Tuesday - 6 mile run in 57 minutes
Wednesday - 1 hour in the gym (45 minutes cardio, 15 minutes weights)
Thursday - Running club - 4.6 miles
Friday - rest
Saturday - rest
Sunday - not been yet but a 7 mile evening run is scheduled!

Birthday runBirthday run

Birthday run

These photos are from my run on Tuesday morning. It was my birthday on Tuesday and yes, I decided to get up super early and go for a run before it got too hot. It was such a nice run. I ran around Sefton Park, down onto Otterspool Prom and then through Otterspool Park. I have been loving the hot weather but it does make running hard. I went to running club on Thursday evening and suffered quite a bit. I'm pleased that I managed just over 4 1/2 miles though. 

This week I am back in work but I'm hoping I can up the mileage a bit. The heat does slow me down but I'll have to get used to it as I think it's here to stay. 8 weeks to go until my half!

No comments:

Post a Comment