Pages

Tuesday 31 December 2013

Marathon training kit

Like I ever need an excuse to treat myself to new running stuff? A few of these are Christmas presents to myself and a few from others. I bought this h&m running jacket after seeing Leah post it on instagram. I had been eyeing up both Nike and Sweaty Betty's reflective jackets but they are both ridiculously expensive. At only £35 (actually £25 after a few online voucher codes!) I am pretty impressed with this. The only down side is that it doesn't have zipped pockets on the front, but one big zipped pocket at the back. But that is where my bumbag will come in handy!

While doing the parkrun, I keep my car keys and phone in my jacket pocket but my old jacket only had mesh pockets and the keys would work their way through them and everything would jangle around irritatingly as I ran! Plus when it gets warmer I can't be wearing a jacket. So, the bumbag will be perfect for parkrun and longer runs too. I don't usually take my phone with me on runs but on longer runs I think it will be useful and I can also store gels in it for mid-run fuelling. 

I also asked for a hat for Christmas to keep my head warm and dry when running in the rain. The peak will also keep the rain out of my eyes which is my pet hate when running in the rain. I won't have any excuses for avoiding runs now!

Running clothes

I also got some of my favourite nike running socks and nike running leggings. When I first started running, I would just buy whatever was cheapest from Sports Direct. Whilst I do still like a bargain, I definitely like to get some better quality pieces now. These nike leggings are my favourite, I have a plain black pair that have seen me through the last 2 winters. Compared to cheaper ones from Aldi or Karrimor, you can definitely tell the difference. No fraying or thinning anywhere and they actually keep me warm! They are so comfortable too, nothing worse than uncomfy running clothes. 

And to show you all how awesome and reflective the jacket is, I took a photo with the flash on. Everyone will be able to see me coming while I'm wearing it!

Running clothes

So, now I feel equipped to train for my marathon. I am going to kick it off tomorrow with a New Years Day parkrun, fingers crossed I can get out of bed! Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment